First of all, let us briefly explain what does the ‘Sub-Collection’ element will add to your business. Sub-collections play a critical role in online buying. You may think that you have already divided your inventory into categories, but your customers may still be struggling to find what they are looking for if you are offering a big inventory.
This is where sub-collections come into play. The sub-collection feature will allow you to categorize your products further, giving your customers a more guided shopping journey. In other words, Sub-Collection is the feature that enables you to list multiple collections under it. Moreover, there is no limitation on it!
What are the steps to create the Sub-Collection element for your mobile app?
It is pretty easy to create Sub-collections at Shopney! Here is a step-by-step guide explaining how to add the ‘Sub-Collection’ element to your Shopney app. Please follow the instructions below to make it happen.
1. Go to your Shopney dashboard.
2. Navigate to the ‘Menu’ section as shown below with the red square.
3. Drag the ‘Sub-Collection’ element and drop it into your Shopney dashboard.
4. Once you click on it, you will see the editing section will appear on the right-hand side of your dashboard. You can give your sub-collection a new name as you wish. You can make alignment changes, that will make changes on your navigation menu. Also, you can add an icon to it, either from one of ours or a customizable one. Depending on what you want!
5. Once you click on the ‘Customize Sub-Collection’ button you will be directed to a pop-up page on which you can select your sub-collections. By clicking on the collection shows on the left-hand side of your dashboard, you can start to create your sub-collections. Also, you can change the order of sub-collections by dragging the collection onto the light grey line as shown below.
6. You can even create sub-collections under sub-collections as shown below!
7. You can change the ‘Display Type’ of the sub-collections as well. Each type has its own specific display type. While you will need collection images to fully use Type 1, Type 2, and Type 4; you will not need collection images to use Type 3, in case you do not have them. By that, your collection will be displayed only with the title in the middle.
Now that you have an idea of what your sub-collections will look like, it is now time to decide on the best display type. Below you can see how each type will display your sub-collections.
Type 1 Type 2 Type 3 Type 4
How to Preview my App to see each Sub-Collection Types?
You can preview each sub-collection display type to decide which one is the best fit for you! Here is how to preview your app, as if it is Live!
See The Sub-Collection Display Types in Actions
Watch The Video Tutorial To Learn How to Setup Sub-collections
You can also watch a detailed tutorial video about how to create Sub-Collections for your Shopney mobile app. Just click on the video below to enjoy.
Note: Sub-Collection feature can only be used with Gold Plan and above.
Gold Plan also offers deep-linking, up to 20 design elements, scheduled push notification, abandoned push notification, blogs&articles, and many third-party integrations. Please check the articles below for some of the features that we offer for the Gold Plan.
Read The Articles Below to Have More Ideas About The Gold Plan Features
For further information, please feel free to contact Shopney Support Team.
You are always more than welcome with any questions or concerns. Our support team will be glad to answer them, and help you with anything!
Thanks for reading!