The Shopney Preview App enables you to see and test your app in terms of its functions and visuals from user point of view before setting it live.
Plus, you can even let your partners or colleagues preview it with their phones and get their feedback about the app simply by sharing the link created in Shopney dashboard. So, let's move on and learn how to do it step-by-step!
PREVIEWING AN APP THROUGH DASHBOARD
1. First of all, you should download the Shopney Preview App to your mobile phone, if you want to preview after your latest updates. You can reach it simply by searching in the App Store or the Play Store with 'Shopney' keyword. Or you can navigate to the links below from mobile depending on your mobile device.
2. Now, assume that you made some changes on your app and want to preview it through Shopney Preview App. In this case, all you need to do is clicking on the 'Save & Update' button first, and then 'Preview' button as shown below.
3. As you see, the dashboard creates a unique QR code (1) and a link (2) after clicking the 'Preview' button.
4. Then you need to scan the QR code with your Shopney Preview App as shown below. In the next screen, your app icon will appear. You need to click the icon of your app to start it. Then, you preview and check all functions of your app from the user point of view.
5. The identical QR code created for your app will be kept in Shopney Preview App's database after you scan it. This means you don't need to create another QR code and scan it. You just need to open Shopney Preview App when you want to preview your app and click the existing icon of your app.
6. If you use Shopney for more than one stores, you can use the 'New Scan' button to preview one app after another.
SHARING THE PREVIEW LINK WITH OTHERS
You need to follow the same first 3 steps in the 'PREVIEWING AN APP THROUGH DASHBOARD' section of this article. In the bottom of the QR code pop-up, you will see a share link (2) created by Shopney that identical to your app.
All you need to do is sharing this share link, in order to let others preview your app. Remember, once you click on the two rectangles on the right-hand side of the link, it will automatically be copied to your clipboard. You can paste it anywhere afterward.
PREVIEWING AN APP THROUGH A SHARE LINK
When you are about to preview an app through a link shared with you, you have 2 possible cases to have:
A. The case that you have Shopney Preview App already downloaded to your phone.
B. The case that you don't have Shopney Preview App in your phone.
1. Case A
When you tap to the shared link in your mobile device, it will automatically open the Shopney Preview App and you will see the icon off the app. The only thing you need to do is tapping to the icon to preview the app.
2. Case B
In this case, when you tap to the share link, it will direct you to Shopney Preview App's App Store or Play Store page depending on your mobile device to download the app. The link understands whether the app is already downloaded to your mobile device, if it is iOS or Android. And the link operates according to those queries.
After downloading the Shopney Preview App thanks to the deep link, your case shifts into Case A. Then, you need to go and tap the same shared deep link again. This time, it will operate differently according to Case A and will open the screen in which you can see the icon of the shared app. All you need to do to preview the app is to tap to the app icon. And voila!
Thanks for reading! Now, it is time to go and practice what you have learned from this article.