As you know as a Shopney user, we do the hard work to let you manage your mobile app with ease. And it's no surprise that integrating Gorgias and Shopney is just a breeze!
Let us guide you on the process step-by-step!
1. Open your Shopify dashboard.
2. Navigate to the 'Apps' section and select Gorgias as shown below.
3. When you are on the Gorgias dashboard, click on 3 dots (1) next to the 'Tickets' and select the 'Settings' (2) from the dropdown menu as designated in below image.
4. In the 'Settings' section, click on the 'REST API' (1) under your profile section as shown.
5. In the REST API section, you will see BASE API URL (1), Username (2) and Password (3). Copy and paste them onto the related fields on Gorgias integration page on your Shopney dashboard.
How To Check If The Integration Is Working Properly
In order to check and make sure the integration is up and running, we suggest you to send a test message from your Shopney mobile app and answer that message from Gorgias dashboard. If the answer you gave through Gorgias is visible on the 'Messages' section your Shopney dashboard, it means the integration functions properly.
How To Understand Which Message Comes From Shopney?
It might be tricky to understand which messages are coming from your mobile app. You can easily sort this out by enabling the 'Tags' on your Gorgias dashboard.
Let us show how you can do it.
1. When you are on your Gorgias dashboard, click on 'My Tickets section.
2. Slide the screen to the right. Find the designated icon at the very right-end and click on it.
3. Once you click, you will see a dropdown menu. Check the 'Tags' option to make them visible.
4. Then, you will be able to see Tags column under which the messages from your mobile app will be listed with the 'Shopney-Mobile' tag.
1. Don't Use Send & Close Button
When you are dealing with mobile app conversations on your Gorgias dashborad, do not use 'SEND & CLOSE' button.
Because it will close the conversation on Shopney end just after sending the message to mobile app. In that case, the user will get the push notification about the message but, will not be able to see it.
As this scenario is a very unsatisfying dead-end experience for the user, we strongly recommend you to avoid it.
2. Don't Send Attachments & Images
This is related to the features of Shopney mobile app. Your Shopney mobile app chat does not support document and image share on the conversations.
So even if you can send and receive files and images solely on Gorgias, you will not be able to have that function on Shopney related conversations. When you still send a file or image, it will be displayed as non-sense code texts. And, it will be really confusing for your customer.
If you have any questions about this article, please do not hesitate to reach us via live chat. We will be happy to help you as always.
*You can also check this article if you have any issues with Gorgias x Shopney integration.
NOTE: Please note that this integration was built with our partner, and while we do support it, in case any technical issue arises, the wait time might be a bit longer than for a regular support request. Thanks for your understanding!